Brazil Announce Squad For Qualifiers Against Colombia & Ecuador

Brazlian Coach Tite announced on Thursday the squad for World Cup Qualifiers against Ecuador and Colombia on August 31 and September 5. The Selecao have already qualified for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Squad:  Goalkeepers:   

Alisson (Roma)   

Cássio (Corinthians)   

Ederson (Manchester City)
Defenders:   

Rodrigo Caio (São Paulo)   

Marquinhos (PSG)   

Miranda (Inter Milan)   

Thiago Silva (PSG)
Full Backs:   

Daniel Alves (PSG)   

Fagner (Corinthians)   

Filipe Luis (Atletico Madrid)   

Marcelo (Real Madrid)
Midfielders:   

Casemiro (Real Madrid)   

Fernandinho (Manchester City)   

Paulinho (Guangzhou Evergrande)   

Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan)   

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool)   

Willian (Chelsea)   

Luan (Gremio)   

Giuliano (Zenit)
Attackers:   

Taison (Shakhtar)   

Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City)   

Neymar (PSG)   

Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)

Advertisements

​’To that kid it is the moon’ – Mourinho explains why he gave UEFA Super Cup medal to fan

Jose Mourinho said he gave a Manchester United fan “the moon” when he handed him his UEFA Super Cup runner-up medal.
United lost out on the prize on Tuesday in a 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid in Skopje through goals from Casemiro and Isco, while a late strike from Red Devils striker Romelu Lukaku kept the game competitive right to the end.
Mourinho has made the gesture before, having thrown his 2006 Premier League winners’ and Community Shield losers’ medals into the crowd.
“Look, sometimes even when I win I don’t keep the medals so imagine when I lose?” he said.
“For me, the medal would go to some place in my house and for that kid it is the moon. For that kid, it is for sure something that he is going to keep and to remember.” 

​Nemanja Matic a ‘great loss’ to Chelsea after Man United move – Antonio Conte

Antonio Conte has conceded that Nemanja Matic’s move to Manchester United is a “great loss” for Chelsea and reiterated that more signings are required for the Blues to have any hope of defending their Premier League title this season.

Matic completed a £40 million transfer to Old Trafford at the end of last month, having been excused from Chelsea’s preseason tour of the Far East when it became clear that he wanted to leave the Premier League champions in search of regular first-team football elsewhere.

“Matic knows very well what I think about him — the importance for me about this player, who is a really good player, a top player, very important for our team,” he said.
“But sometimes you must accept this crazy transfer market, and sometimes you must accept different decisions. But he is a great loss for us.”

Chelsea have made four signings — Alvaro Morata, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Antonio Rudiger and Willy Caballero — this summer, while allowing Matic, Nathan Ake, Asmir Begovic, Nathaniel Chalobah, John Terry, Kurt Zouma and Ruben Loftus-Cheek to leave either permanently or on loan.

Asked if Chelsea need more signings in order to successfully defend their Premier League title, Conte replied: “Yes, for sure.”

No £109m Coutinho to Barcelona deal agreed as Liverpool maintain not for sale stance


Liverpool have not agreed a £109 million deal with Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho, nor have they held a meeting to negotiate with a delegation from the Catalan club, as they maintain the Brazil international is not for sale this summer.

Reports in Spain and Brazil suggesting a transfer for the 25-year-old is entering its final stages have been entirely refuted by the Anfield side, who slapped down the only formal offer received for their highest-paid player without hesitation.

Barca have not improved their £72m bid, tabled and rejected 20 days ago, having been told Coutinho is unavailable – at any price – and that they would only be wasting their energy.

Talk of Barca officials Raul Sanllehi, Oscar Grau and Javier Bordas arriving on Merseyside for a meeting to wrap up negotiations with Liverpool on Tuesday has been rubbished, as no forum was held or even proposed.

The Reds insist they do not need a face-to-face sit down to reiterate that Coutinho is not on the market, a stance they’ve already made abundantly clear.

Premier League 2017/18: Battle of the super-striker in football’s maddest season ever

TWELVE months ago the new Premier League season was being billed as the battle of the superstar managers, a contest comprehensively won by Antonio Conte.

By GAFAR DHMIE

PUBLISHED: 10:30, Sat, Aug 6 2017

Antonio Conte steamrolled the Premier League in his first season in charge of Chelsea This time, thankfully, the focus is much more on the players — and in particular on the shoot-out between the big-name strikers bought to deliver goals and glory.

Manchester United have led the way in splashing £80million on Romelu Lukaku to end their under-achievement in the League since the retirement four years ago of Sir Alex Ferguson. It is a colossal amount, and represents a heavy burden for the bullish Belgian striker and his manager Jose Mourinho, who needs a spectacular League campaign. So, too, is the £70million spent by Chelsea on the Spanish ace Alvaro Morata to fill the hole left by disgruntled Diego Costa.

It is nine years since anyone successfully defended English football’s greatest prize, and the previous two winning managers were sacked midway through the next campaign. Chelsea will need goals galore. Morata was a club record signing, and so was the £52.7million fee splurged by Arsenal for the clever French forward Alexandre Lacazette,a proven scorer at Lyon. If any of these three can out-gun the Premier League’s current goal-king Harry Kane the chances are that their club will be fighting for the title next May. Manchester City with their acquisition last season of young Brazilian talent Gabriel Jesus, who is likely to be first choice ahead of Sergio Aguero? His promise is dazzling.

Gabriel Jesus has plenty of promise and could lead Manchester City to glory If the pressure is on Mourinho, the same is true of Pep Guardiola at City after failure to land any silverware in his first season in English football. Most of his summer spending has been on completely revamping the City defence, spending an astonishing £50million on Spurs right back Kyle Walker. Guardiola’s team will play the purest football, and if there will now be resolute strength at the back it could be a winning formula. It remains a giant IF. In truth, you can make a case for all of top six to win the title this season, including Arsenal — even though they have taken a gamble by sticking with veteran manager Arsene Wenger when a section of the home crowd appears to remain hostile. Kyle Walker says he is a little nervous to work under Guardiola

City are the bookies favourites, but only by a whisker from Chelsea and United. Then come Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool in that order. Spurs have the advantage of a settled yet dynamic young side, but how wil they fare with Wembley as a temporary home? It would be folly to write off Liverpool when they have a manager as charismatic as Jurgen Klopp. Their signing of Mohamed Salah for £37million could be the best of the summer. The prospect of a stunning outsider capturing the title like Leicester did two years ago is remote. But that doesn’t mean the rest of the League will be dull — anything but.

Mohamed Salah for Liverpool could be the signing of the season Everton have high ambition under the guidance of impressive Ronald Koeman, and it will be fascinating to see what impact another highly rated Dutch manager Frank De Boer will have at Crystal Palace after several years of excellence at Ajax. Can England’s anxious goalkeeper Joe Hart revive his career at West Ham? How will Huddersfield and Brighton fare back in the big time with attractive teams? Will the intelligence of Rafa Benitez inspire the welcome return of Newcastle to the Premier League? And let’s hope for further evidence that English managers can be trusted with good seasons for Eddie Howe, Paul Clement and Sean Dyche.

Chelsea told they have ‘no chance’ of luring Alex Sandro from Juventus

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has moved to end speculation linking Alex Sandro to Chelsea by insisting the Brazilian will not be leaving Turin.

The left-back has been heavily linked with a switch to Stamford Bridge as Antonio Conte seeks to strengthen the Premier League champions. Alex Sandro played 45 minutes of Juve’s 2-0 loss to Tottenham on Saturday as the Champions League finalists suffered a second defeat of pre-season. Having already lost Leonardo Bonucci and Dani Alves from his highly-regarded defence, Allegri categorically denied the 26-year-old will be following them through the exit door. “Alex Sandro is a Juventus player and he will stay one,” the Italian said at Wembley.

We win at Wembley’ – Arsenal defender Bellerin in confident mood ahead of Community Shield

Hector Bellerin has boldly stated that Arsenal will triumph at Wembley ahead of their Community Shield clash with Chelsea.

The Gunners will go back in search of silverware on Sunday when they take on Premier League champions Chelsea in the traditional curtain-raiser to the season. Arsene Wenger’s side emerged victorious in a FA Cup final clash with the Blues in May, having previously seen off Manchester City at the semi-final stage. Bellerin also helped Arsenal to edge out Chelsea in the 2015 Community Shield, with his record at Wembley certainly making for impressive reading.

He will be hoping to figure in Wenger’s thoughts again in the Gunners’ latest outing, with the Frenchman having tinkered with his tactical approach of late. He put up a post on Instagram which where he captioned himself telling Lacazette: ‘Don’t worry bro. We got this. We win at Wembley!” #WeAreTheArsenal’